Why can't I access the online training?
To access the online training course follow the steps below:
- Create an Openlearning account here: https://www.openlearning.com/accounts/register/
- Go to the course linked here (The “S” Word: The Role of Schools in Preventing Suicide)
- Click the orange “Join Course” button
- Note that you will be prompted to fill out some information before starting the course
- Once you submit your answers you may begin the course
Please note: You may have to repeat the steps above several times depending upon the web browser you are using. If after several times you still cannot access the course, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and request additional technical assistance.
I am experiencing technical difficulties while taking the course. Why is that?
If you are experiencing technical difficulties while taking the course, try the following steps below:
- Have you tried using a different browser? It solves many issues.
- IE 9+, Safari 8+, Chrome 43+, Firefox 38+, iPad IOS 8+ is required.
- Popup or ad blockers may affect site performance.
- If you experience issues within a module, close the window and reopen it.
- When stopping mid-course for more than an hour you must close your browser and log back in later.
- Slow loading or other issues may be caused by the quality of your Internet connection. It may not be working properly or is congested by the use of others at your location. Unplug or restart your internet connection and see if that helps with any connectivity issues.
- Your computer itself may not be working properly or is running automatic processes in the background like virus scans, email downloads and software updates. If you experience computer-related problems, contact your manufacturer for assistance.
If you continue to encounter difficulties send an email to email@example.com. A response to your request will occur within 48 hours.
How do I know if I am registered?
If you experience difficulties when registering follow the steps below:
- Have you received a confirmation email, clicked the link contained in it and logged into the site at least one time? If not, you registration may not have properly registered and should attempt to re-register.
- Have you tried the password or username reset tool?
- Have you tried the password or username reset tool located on the login screen?
I’ve tried the password or username reset tool but did not receive an email
- Have you waited 8 hours? It may take up to 8 hours to process your registration, so wait up to 8 hours before contacting support for additional assistance.
- Have you checked your spam folder? Often emails from unknown sources will be sent to your spam folder. Wait longer to see if it corrects or contact your organization’s tech support contact for assistance. Some districts have accidentally blocked email coming from our site. You may want to try and register from an alternate email address.
I’ve tried the password or username reset tool and I did receive an email. When I click the link it contains I get an error. Why is that?
The email link that is sent expires in three days if it is not used. You will need to request another one if it has expired.
Do I have to take the complete course in one sitting?
No, the site remembers your progress each time you visit and will return you to that spot.
I am having trouble downloading certificate of completion?
If you completed the course, simply log in with your credentials, access the course and print a copy of the certificate. If you completed the course but are experiencing technical difficulties, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and request a reprint.